Thursday, November 8, 2007

Barenaked Ladies -- Talk to the Hand: Live in Michigan (Shout! Factory, 2007)

This one makes mee feel like I've been on one of those rides at the fair that you think's going to make you sick and dizzy but then it doesn't (which I never know if it's a good thing or not).* I suspect it's exactly what appeals to the Barenaked Ladies fanbase, though, with the big mishmash of stuff and the absurdly outdated references (even ironic use of "talk to the hand" is old). I do approve of the Hamburger Helper guy, though. And I have watched X-Files with no lights on, so it's not like I'm not feeling these guys.

Notice the little conjoined cherry-headed people. Somehow we've managed to post on album covers with conjoined beings twice in a row. I'm not planning on this becoming a trend, but who knows.

*One time at the fair, my friend swallowed some snuff on the Octopus and got sick. A couple years later he swallowed some during an AYSO soccer game and got sick. For that reason only, I hope he's quit chewing.


Apologies for the month-long vacation. Things should be back to normal soon. Both of you can resume checking this blog regularly again.

No comments: